I've made this excellent salad several times, always to rave reviews. I follow the recipe as it is written and it turns out great every time. I've served this at home, work and to guests and have gotten so many recipe requests that I now just make copies ahead of time to place next to the dish! LOL I do have some vegan in-laws so have also made it with veggie broth and it tastes the same. A previous reviewer gave this a lower rating, but she used CANNED green beans which to me sounds awful. Please don't cut that corner!! This is a nice summery twist to a traditional dish with the added benefit of being much healthier for you! Try it!!!
Roasted Potato Salad with Mint Vinaigrette
Initially covering the potato mixture as it cooks with a small amount of broth steams the vegetables so they'll cook through with-out burning. Once the pan is uncovered, the broth quickly evaporates, and the veg-etables brown and caramelize.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 3.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 296mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 3 cups (2-inch) cut green beans
- 3 cups (1-inch-square) cut red bell pepper (about 2 large peppers)
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium Vidalia or other sweet onions, trimmed and quartered
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine beans, bell pepper, 1/2 cup mint, broth, garlic, red potatoes, and onions; toss well. Arrange vegetable mixture in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; cover with foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake, uncovered, an additional 40 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring after 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Place vegetable mixture in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup of mint, vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle vinaigrette over vegetable mixture, and toss well to coat. Serve the salad at room temperature or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Potato Salad with Mint Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables