Great recipe. Good combination of favors. I did adjust it to meet my husbands tastes. He is not fan of feta, olives, or tomatoes (!?! I know right?) so, I added crumbled blue cheese, and it was great. Served with French dip on a great spring day in Buffalo NY!
Roasted Potato and Green Bean Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
Kalamata olives and tangy feta cheese liven up a salad of roasted potatoes and green beans.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Protein: 4.9g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sodium: 722mg
- Cholesterol: 3.8mg
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1-in. lengths
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Toss potatoes with 2 tbsp. oil and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer on a baking pan and bake until golden brown, 45 minutes.
- 2. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and add remaining salt. Add green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and remaining oil. Add potatoes and beans and toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes and olives; top with feta and basil.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note