This salad tasted delicious! Im a vegetarian, therefore I did not use bacon. The red wine vinegar dressing complements the taste of the rosemary. I will make this salad again, it's the perfect side dish: light and tasty!
Roasted Potato-and-Bacon Salad
We cut out some of the extra calories and fat in this warm spinach salad by using less oil and switching to turkey bacon. The results were incredible, and this updated dish is now a favorite in our Test Kitchens.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23.3g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 554mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 turkey bacon slices
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (5-ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine potatoes, oil, rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, tossing gently, and spread in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 40 to 50 minutes or until potatoes are tender and lightly browned. Sprinkle evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; keep warm.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Whisk vinegar, next 3 ingredients, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper into skillet; cook over medium heat, whisking occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine spinach and mixed greens; drizzle with warm dressing, tossing to coat. Top with potatoes, bacon, and Parmesan cheese; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note