We really enjoyed the salsa with the pork. I think next time, I'd just put a bit more of a rub on the pork before cooking - we grilled it - because it was sort of bland. But maybe it was because I had to use canned diced green chiles in place of the jalapeno because it was all I had on hand. I'd definitely try it again - the side dish of rice and beans was pretty good too. A fairly quick meal for a work night.
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Orange and Red Onion Salsa
Comfort food is perfect for family night, so dish up a hearty pork dish with a tangy salsa topping. A quick and hearty rice-and-beans side dish complements the roast.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 220
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 23.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.6g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Transfer pan to oven. Bake at 450° for 17 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand 5 minutes; cut across grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, oranges, and remaining ingredients. Serve salsa with pork.
- Rice and beans: Cook 1 (10-ounce) package frozen long-grain brown rice (such as Birds Eye SteamFresh) according to package directions. Combine cooked rice, 1 cup rinsed and drained canned black beans, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin, and 1/8 teaspoon chili powder.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note