Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apricot-Barley Pilaf
More From Health
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 400
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 390mg
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups quick-cooking barley, cooked
- 1/2 cup dried apricot halves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Rub pork with olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and set aside. Combine jam and soy sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Heat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pecans, and cook, tossing frequently, 35 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4. Return pan to heat, and add pork. Cook 5 minutes, turning every minute or two to brown evenly on all sides. Add jam mixture, celery, carrot, and onion to pan; stir until jam melts and vegetables and pork are evenly coated with sauce. Stir in 3/4 cup water. Place pan in oven, and bake at 375° for 1820 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into pork registers 160°.
- 5. Remove pan from oven; transfer pork to plate. Cover loosely with foil, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 6. Stir barley, apricots, and toasted pecans into vegetable mixture. (Remember the handle of the pan will be very hot!) Stir in parsley. Carefully slice pork into 12 equal pieces. Serve 3 slices pork on top of barley pilaf.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This