Roasted Pork Shoulder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) shallots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 piece(s) lemons - medium sized Zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) Smoked Sweet Paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 pound(s) pork shoulder boneless
- Remove roast from refrigerator and bring to room temperature. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove excess fat cap from roast
- Place the meat into a lightly oiled (olive oil) roasting pan that is not too much larger than the meat.
- Mix the first nine ingredients together, whisking to thoroughly combine (shallots through olive oil).
- Pour one-fourth of the sauce onto meat, rubbing it into the cracks and on the side. Turn the meat and repeat with another fourth of the sauce.
- Place in the oven with the fattest side of the meat facing up. Roast for one hour, basting with pan drippings every fifteen minutes.
- Turn meat, reduce heat to 325 degrees, and roast until internal temperature registers 160 degrees (about one more hour) basting with pan drippings every fifteen minutes.
- When internal temp is 160 degrees, reduce heat to 300 degrees and roast about another hour, until meat is between fork tender and needing a knife.
- Remove meat to a clean bowl or platter and top with another fourth of the sauce. Tent and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Pour pan drippings into a cup that separates the fat from the broth. Pour off broth and add it to remaining fourth of the sauce, stirring to combine. Discard the fat.
- When meat is cool enough to handle, slice and pull apart (discard any large pieces of fat), and pour remaining sauce mixed with pan drippings over meat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TommyMassey and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note