Roasted Pork Chops and Butternut Squash With Kale
When peeling butternut squash, remove enough skin and flesh so that you get all the way down to the bright orange interior. Otherwise the squash may be a little tough once roasted. Recipe by Vanessa Seder, January 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/roasted-pork-chops-and-butternut-squash-with-kale-00000000049713/index.html
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds)âpeeled, seeded, and cut into 1 1â2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops (each 1 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch(es) kale, thick ribs removed and leaves roughly chopped (about 14 cups)
- 1. Heat oven to 400° F. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the squash with the sage, 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Roast, tossing once, until tender, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 2. When the squash has cooked for 20 minutes, heat 1 teaspoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season the pork with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- 3. Transfer the pork to the baking sheet with the squash and roast until the pork is cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes more.
- 4. Meanwhile, return the skillet to medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the kale, ¼ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook, tossing the kale and scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the skillet, until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with the pork and squash.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note