- 6 poblano chiles
- 1 pound tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to Make It
Preheat the broiler. Roast the chiles under the broiler until charred all over. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 5 minutes. Skin, stem and seed the chiles, then cut them into 1/3-inch dice. In a serving bowl, combine the chiles with the tomatoes, onion, olives, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, toss to mix and serve.
Make Ahead: The salsa can be refrigerated overnight. For a fresh taste, add the cilantro just before serving.