Roasted Poblano and Potato Gratin
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16.3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 328mg
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Calcium: 175mg
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 3/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- Preheat broiler.
- Place pepper on a foil-lined baking sheet; broil 6 to 8 minutes or until blackened, turning occasionally. Place pepper in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and let stand 15 minutes. Peel pepper and cut in half lengthwise. Discard seeds and membranes, and chop pepper.
- Reduce oven temperature to 425°.
- Rub sides and bottom of a 2 1/2-quart gratin dish with garlic; discard garlic. Coat sides of dish with cooking spray.
- Slice potatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Arrange half of potato slices in bottom of prepared dish; top with half of chopped poblano. Drizzle 1 tablespoon butter over potato mixture and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Layer remaining potato slices on top of cheese, and top with 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese.
- Place milk in a 4-cup glass measure. Microwave at HIGH 2 minutes or until gently boiling. Pour milk over potato mixture.
- Bake at 425° for 45 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and potatoes are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note