I have used this recipe since it was published in 2004 and it is absolutely delicious! It has been a hit time and again and the turkey meat is always tender, juicy and so flavorful!
Roasted Poblano Gravy
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 218
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 1.7g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6.3g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Pan drippings from guajillo-tamarind turkey
- About 1 cup fat-skimmed chicken broth (if needed)
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter
- 3 fresh poblano chiles (8 oz. total), roasted, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and fresh-ground pepper
- 1. Skim fat from pan drippings. Measure drippings and add chicken broth, if needed, to make 2 cups liquid.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add chiles and stir for 1 minute. Turn heat to medium-low and whisk in flour until well combined.
- 3. Whisking chile mixture constantly, slowly pour dripping mixture into pan. Whisk until gravy boils and thickens, 6 to 8 minutes. If gravy is thicker than desired, add a little more broth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour into a gravy boat; serve hot.
- Nutritional analysis per 1/4 cup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note