I've been making this for special occasion parties for years! It's a great "adult" version of cheese dip. I usually double the cheese just so it makes more!
Roasted Poblano Chile con Queso
- 3 fresh poblano peppers
- 2 fresh red Anaheim peppers
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- Tortilla chips
- Garnish: chopped red Anaheim peppers
- Grill poblano and Anaheim peppers, without grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 5 to 7 minutes or until peppers look blistered, turning often.
- Place peppers in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers; remove and discard seeds. Slice peppers into thin strips.
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pepper strips, and cook 2 minutes or until tender; reduce heat to low. Add cheeses and half-and-half, stirring until cheese is melted. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Velveeta for cheese product.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Poblano Chile con Queso Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers