Roasted Plums with Ginger and Pecans
Photography: Becky-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 43mg
- Calcium: 119mg
- 1 cup Riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 9 plums, halved and pitted
- 2 cups vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bring wine to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in apricots; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 20 minutes. Drain apricots in a colander over a bowl; reserve wine and apricots separately.
- Combine sugar, ginger, butter, and egg yolk in a bowl. Stir in apricots and pecans. Fill each plum half with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of apricot filling. Place stuffed plums in a single layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish; pour reserved wine around plums. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until plums are tender.
- Remove plums from dish; pour remaining liquid into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until slightly syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). Serve plum halves with sauce and frozen yogurt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts