- 12 ounces precut pineapple spears, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 slices (1/2 in.) angel food cake
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- calories 371
- caloriesfromfat 51 %
- protein 3 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 13 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 1.8 g
- sodium 273 mg
- cholesterol 70 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. On a rimmed baking sheet, turn pineapple in butter and brown sugar until coated. Spread in a single layer. Roast, turning as needed, until fruit has softened and is starting to brown, about 10 minutes. Put cake on another baking sheet and toast in oven until warm, about 5 minutes.
Combine cream, granulated sugar, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl and whip with a whisk until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes.
Put 1 cake slice on each dessert plate. Top cake with pineapple, using half. Drizzle with roasting juices and dollop with whipped cream. Repeat layers and top with a sprinkle of mint.