Brings out the freshness of the compari tomatoes and naturally sweetens this dish. Makes quite a bit of juice that I've used to dress my salad. A keeper.
Roasted Peppers and Tomatoes with Herbs and Capers
This dish is baked just long enough to bring out the juices of the tomatoes, then chilled. Serve it as a salad or a side dish. Keep the colors of the tomatoes and peppers the same, or vary them wildly. Campari tomatoes are commonly available at supermarkets; look for tomatoes that are smaller than the vine-ripened ones but larger than grape tomatoes (about 1 1/2 inches wide).
More From Cooking Light
Total: 2 Hours
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 222mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds Campari tomatoes, halved
- 3/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 12 niçoise olives, pitted and halved
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 10 minutes or until blackened. Wrap peppers in foil; let stand 10 minutes. Peel; cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- 3. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 4. Combine tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl.
- 5. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, parsley, and remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Place one-third of tomatoes in bottom of a 1 1/2-quart gratin dish. Top with one-third of peppers and one-third of parsley mixture. Repeat layers twice, ending with parsley mixture. Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until vegetables are thoroughly heated. Cool to room temperature; cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note