Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Connie Formby
These peppers can be tossed into a pasta dish or served as a nonfat topping for a grilled steak or chicken breast.
Yield: 3 cups (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 23
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.9g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calcium: 6mg
- 3 medium red bell peppers (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 3 medium yellow bell peppers (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, and discard the seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and flatten with palm of hand. Broil for 12 minutes or until blackened and charred. Place the peppers in a zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag, and seal; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Peel and discard skins. Cut bell peppers into strips.
- Combine the roasted bell pepper strips, vinegar, and salt in a bowl, and toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This