A super tasty sandwich! The Pesto Mayonnaise is incredible. Next time I would double the amount of roasted pepper, halve the amount of tomato, and get rid of the red onion all together - had too much of a bite for me.
Roasted Pepper, Tomato, and Feta Sandwich with Pesto Mayonnaise
Adding mayonnaise to our pesto creates a mild, creamy spread that's great on nearly any sandwich.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 sandwich)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 8.8g
- Carbohydrate: 37.3g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 713mg
- Calcium: 157mg
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread
- Pesto Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 4 (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion, separated into rings
- Preheat broiler.
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and cut each piece in half.
- Cut loaf in half lengthwise. Spread Pesto Mayonnaise evenly over bottom half of loaf; sprinkle with feta. Arrange bell pepper, tomato, and onion over bottom half of loaf; top with remaining half. Cut loaf into 4 sandwiches.
- Totals include Pesto Mayonnaise.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note