I have made this recipe many, many times over the years, and it is always a HUGE hit at pot lucks, dinner parties, etc. I usually serve one and freeze the other cheesecake so I have something special for a last minute party, although I have also had to serve the second cheesecake because the first one dissapeared so quickly. If you don't mind adding a little fat, I recommend using low fat ricotta and low fat sour cream, because the taste is much better. You can always just use 1 egg white instead of a whole egg in order to 'balance out' the amount of fat. Also, you may want to use an extra tablespoon of breadcrumbs in each pan to cover the cheesecake more evenly.
Roasted Pepper Pesto Cheesecake
There will be some extra pesto left after making the cheesecakes. Toss it with pasta for a quick-and-easy supper.
Yield: 2 cheesecakes, 24 servings (serving size: 1 wedge cheesecake and 1 baguette slice).Note 1:
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 124
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 7.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 256mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 (15-ounce) carton fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup (1 1/3 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups Roasted Pepper Pesto, divided
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 24 (3/4-ounce) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- 24 roasted red bell pepper strips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Coat 2 (7-inch) springform pans with cooking spray; sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over the bottoms of pans.
- Place ricotta and cream cheese in large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth. Add Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and egg; beat until well-blended.
- Pour 3/4 cup cheese mixture into each prepared pan. Spread 1/2 cup Roasted Pepper Pesto over each layer; top each pesto layer with 3/4 cup cheese mixture. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until almost set.
- Combine 1/4 cup Roasted Pepper Pesto, flour, and sour cream in a bowl; stir well. Spread half of mixture over each cheesecake. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Remove cheesecakes from oven; let cool to room temperature. Cover and chill. Cut each cheesecake into 12 wedges; serve with baguette slices. Garnish with bell pepper strips, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note