Roasted Pepper and Beef Crostini
For extra pizzazz, use seasoned roast beef, which is available in your supermarket's deli case. You can make the relish ahead, but assemble the crostini just before serving.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 26
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 1.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 123mg
- Calcium: 1mg
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 48 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (6.5-ounce) container light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette light)
- 1/2 pound shaved deli roast beef
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- 3. Coat both sides of bread slices with cooking spray. Place half of bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining bread.
- 4. Spread 1 teaspoon cheese over 1 side of each slice of bread. Divide beef evenly among bread slices; top each with 1 teaspoon bell pepper mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note