- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 48 (1/4-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (6.5-ounce) container light garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (such as Alouette light)
- 1/2 pound shaved deli roast beef
- calories 26
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- fat 1.2 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- protein 1.8 g
- carbohydrate 3.8 g
- cholesterol 5 mg
- iron 0.3 mg
- sodium 123 mg
- calcium 1 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
Coat both sides of bread slices with cooking spray. Place half of bread slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Broil 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Repeat procedure with remaining bread.
Spread 1 teaspoon cheese over 1 side of each slice of bread. Divide beef evenly among bread slices; top each with 1 teaspoon bell pepper mixture. Serve immediately.