Roasted Pears with Gorgonzola, Honey, and Pistachios
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 156
- Calories from fat: 35%
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 23.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 224mg
- Calcium: 74mg
- 3 firm ripe Anjou or Bartlett pears (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 teaspoons honey, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pistachios
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Peel and core pears. Cut each pear in half lengthwise. Place pear halves, cut sides down, on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 3. While pears bake, bring balsamic vinegar to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 tablespoons.
- 4. Combine cream cheese, Gorgonzola cheese, 1 teaspoon honey, and salt; stir until smooth.
- 5. Place warm pear halves, cut sides up, on individual dessert plates. Spoon about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture into the center of each pear half, and drizzle each pear with 3/4 teaspoon balsamic syrup and 1/2 teaspoon honey. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon pistachios over each serving. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers