Made this many time for guests and family, never fails to get rave reviews. Great after a rich meal.
Roasted Pears with Gorgonzola Cream
When you can't decide if you're craving savory or sweet, top roasted pears with Gorgonzola cream, cinnamon, and honey to satisfy both cravings.
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 large ripe Bosc pears, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Ground cinnamon
- Scoop out core from each pear half with a melon baller, leaving at least a 1"-thick shell. Slice about 1/4" from rounded sides to make pear halves sit flat, if necessary. Brush cut side of each pear half with melted butter, and place, cored side up, on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes.
- Process cheeses and whipping cream in a food processor until creamy. Spoon mixture into center of each warm pear half. Broil pears 3" from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Place pears on serving plates. Sprinkle with walnuts. Sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon, and drizzle with honey. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note