- 3 large ripe Bosc pears, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces Gorgonzola cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Ground cinnamon
How to Make It
Scoop out core from each pear half with a melon baller, leaving at least a 1"-thick shell. Slice about 1/4" from rounded sides to make pear halves sit flat, if necessary. Brush cut side of each pear half with melted butter, and place, cored side up, on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes.
Process cheeses and whipping cream in a food processor until creamy. Spoon mixture into center of each warm pear half. Broil pears 3" from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Place pears on serving plates. Sprinkle with walnuts. Sprinkle very lightly with cinnamon, and drizzle with honey. Serve warm.