- 8 medium-size firm pears (3 1/2 to 4 lb.), peeled and cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup unfiltered pure apple cider
- 1/4 cup dark cane syrup or honey
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together pears and lemon juice in a large bowl. Line a jelly-roll pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and lightly coat foil with cooking spray. Place pears in a single layer on prepared pan, and dot with butter.
Stir together apple cider and cane syrup in a small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or just until mixture begins to bubble. Drizzle cider mixture over pears, and toss to coat.
Bake pears at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove jelly-roll pan from oven, and carefully stir pears. Bake 30 to 40 more minutes or until pears are golden brown and caramelized and syrup has thickened, stirring every 10 minutes.