Roasted Pear Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 4 ounce(s) blue cheese
- 1/4 cup(s) dried cherries
- 3 whole(s) firm pears
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon
- 8 ounce(s) butter lettuce
- 1 cup(s) divided Marzetti Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- Marzetti Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- DRESSING: Mix 3/4 cup Marzetti Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing and sugar in a sauce pan. Cook over low heat just until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- STUFFING: Place pecans in a skillet; toast over medium heat (watch carefully they burn easily). Set aside. Mix cherries with toasted pecans and blue cheese. Set aside.
- PEARS: Slice pears in half lengthwise, remove cores from pears to create a hole for filling. Place pears--hole side up--in a baking dish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Spoon filling into center of pears. Sprinkle Marzetti Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing mixture over pears. Bake uncovered until tender (about 30 minutes) basting 3 or 4 times during baking time. To assemble; clean and tear lettuce in bite size pieces and toss with remaining 1/4 cups of Marzetti Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. Arrange lettuce on salad plates; place a pear in center of each plate, spoon pan drippings over top of each pear. Drizzle desired amount of Marzetti Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing over each salad.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CarolNaz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Pear Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads