Roasted Pear & Goat Cheese Salad
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 Bosc pears
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided use
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch Watercress
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 2 Endive, thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 oz. crumbled Goat Cheese, about 1/2 cup
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Halve and core the pears and cut into 3/4-inch pieces. Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pears and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer pan to the oven and continue cooking until the pears are softened, about 5-7 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whisk the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the 1/3 cup olive oil, starting with a few drops, and then adding the rest in a steady stream, to make a smooth, slightly thick dressing.
- Toss the watercress , arugula and endive in a large bowl. Add the cheese and dressing to taste, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently. Toss the warm pears into the salad. Divide among 4 plates and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Bhindu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note