Roasted Parsnips with Mint
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 2 pounds parsnips
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 7 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 6 green onions, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Peel parsnips, and cut into 2- to 3-inch-long pieces; cut each lengthwise into 1/3-inch-thick strips. Place in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan; toss with pepper, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Add green onions; toss. Bake 10 to 15 more minutes or until parsnips are tender and browned. Transfer to a serving platter.
- 3. Whisk together mint, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt until blended. Gradually add remaining 5 Tbsp. olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until smooth. Spoon over vegetables. Serve immediately.
- Brought to the table by cookbook authors Matt Lee and Ted Lee (The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern cookbook).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables