Really enjoyable and easy to make. Great alternative for teenagers/children who do not like carrots.
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sodium: 264mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 pounds parsnips, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1/4 onion, thickly sliced
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. Put parsnips in a medium roasting pan with 2 tbsp. water, cover tightly with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Add garlic, onion, and 3 sprigs thyme. Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast, uncovered, until golden and tender, 30 to 40 minutes. Garnish with remaining thyme. Sprinkle with salt.
- + 5 more ways:
- MASH cooked parsnips like potatoes with warm milk and butter.
- PUREE into a soup and serve with crumbled bacon and fresh thyme.
- ROAST, drizzled with olive oil, alongside other root vegetables like carrots and turnips.
- SHRED raw parsnips and apples and use in a creamy slaw with green onions and grapes.
- FRY thin slices of parsnips in hot oil for a different take on chips.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables