This recipe was so easy and delicious. I substituted honey for the brown sugar and also added carrots and butternut squash. I marinaded in a baking dish and cooked with the marinade. Excellent cold the next day as well.
Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 4.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 49.3g
- Fiber: 11.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 319mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 pounds (2-inch-thick) slices peeled parsnip
- 1 large red onion, peeled and quartered
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning twice. Remove parsnip and onion from bag, discarding marinade.
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Place parsnip and onion in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 500° for 30 minutes or until the parsnip is tender, stirring often.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables