Roasted Paprika Chicken
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs and breasts
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Stir together first 5 ingredients, forming a paste.
- 2. Loosen and lift skin from chicken pieces with fingers (do not totally detach skin). Spread half of paprika mixture underneath skin. Place 1 to 2 lemon slices on paprika mixture under skin; carefully replace skin. Rub remaining paprika mixture over outside of skin.
- 3. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a lightly greased wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of each piece registers 165°. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; lightly brush with pan juices just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes