We gave this recipe a 7 out of 10. I only used chicken breasts so maybe you get a better flavor out of other pieces. It was good and we may have it again but not something we will have on a regular basis. There are to many other amazing recipes to try first!
Roasted Paprika Chicken
Jennifer Davick; Mindi Shapiro Levine
More From Southern Living
Bake: 40 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 pounds assorted chicken pieces
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh thyme sprigs
- 1. Stir together first 5 ingredients to form a paste.
- 2. Spread half of paprika mixture evenly underneath skin of chicken pieces. Place 1 to 2 lemon slices underneath skin on top of paprika mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan or 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Rub remaining paprika mixture evenly over skin.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 165°. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; lightly brush with pan juices just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes