- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 5 pounds assorted chicken pieces
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- Garnishes: lemon slices, fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
Stir together first 5 ingredients to form a paste.
Spread half of paprika mixture evenly underneath skin of chicken pieces. Place 1 to 2 lemon slices underneath skin on top of paprika mixture. Arrange chicken pieces in a single layer on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan or 17- x 12-inch jelly-roll pan. Rub remaining paprika mixture evenly over skin.
Bake at 425° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portions registers 165°. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; lightly brush with pan juices just before serving. Garnish, if desired.