Roasted Pablano and Basil butter sauce
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 Fresh, medium sized Poblano chilis
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1"into cubes and kept cold
- 3 T unsalted butter
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
- kosher salt
- Rub chilis with olive oil and roast over an opn flame until the skin charred on all sides. Cover in a bowl with plastic wrap for 5-10 minutes, then remove charred skin, stems and seeds. Be careful as peppers will be very hot. Pat the peppers dry with a paper towel or clothe and reserve.
- Meanwhile, saute the shallots in the 3 tbsp butter until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add white wine and lemon juice, and reduce until about 1/2 - 1 Tbsp remains. Add the cream, and reduce by 1/2. transfer to a blender and add the chilis and blend until chilis are broken up. Slowly add butter cubes and blen, until the sauce is emulsified. Add the basil and blend until basil leaves are broken up. Season to taste with kosher salt
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Zelda698 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Pablano and Basil butter sauce Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments