Roasted Onions, Figs, and Smoked Sausage
This serving bowl holds a roasted antipasto option. Set out forks for your guests.
Yield: 12 appetizer servings
- 1 (8-ounce) package dried figs, quartered
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 pound kielbasa or other smoked sausage, cut into 1/2
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar and rosemary; set aside.
- Combine sausage, onion, and sweet potato in a large greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir fig mixture into sausage mixture; bake 10 more minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note