Roasted Onions and Romaine Salad
Served at sandy richard's rosh Hashanah dinner 12/2012
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 Small red onion
- Roasted Onions and Romaine Salad
- Posted on September 6, 2009 by elizabeth
- print recipe | Add to my recipe box
- More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on emailEmail Share on facebook Share on myspace Share on google Share on twitter
- 3 small red onions
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup good olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots (2 large)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup good red wine vinegar
- 2 heads red leaf, washed, spun dry, and torn into pieces
- Sliced cucumbers
- Cherry tomatoes
- Pitted green olives
- Toasted pine nuts
- Preheat into 375ºF
- Cut the onions in ½ and slice ¼ inch thick, place on a baking sheet and toss with ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until the onions are tender.
- Whisk together the shallots, mustard, red wine vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. While whisking add ¾ cup olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss together all salad ingredients, add onions and dressing.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mrsmmle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Onions and Romaine Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads