- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, peeled
- 10 shallots, peeled and halved (about 1/2 pound)
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon yellow cornmeal
- 1 (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) crumbled Maytag blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- calories 358
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- fat 11.1 g
- satfat 5.7 g
- monofat 3.4 g
- polyfat 1.3 g
- protein 12.6 g
- carbohydrate 51.9 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 22 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 892 mg
- calcium 145 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Cut onion into 8 wedges, leaving root intact. Place onion wedges, shallots, and garlic in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Combine balsamic vinegar, butter, honey, and thyme in a small bowl, and drizzle over onion mixture, tossing to coat. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and secure with masking tape. Sprinkle paper with cornmeal. Unroll dough onto paper; let stand 5 minutes. Pat dough into a 14 x 12-inch rectangle. Arrange onion mixture over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Fold edges of the dough over onion mixture (dough will not completely cover onion mixture). Sprinkle with cheese.
Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 10 minutes on a wire rack. Sprinkle with parsley.