I just sprayed the mushrooms with cooking spray before putting them in the oven. I think the garlic should have been cooked before adding it to the mushrooms, but overall it turned out really tasty. I didn't have any fresh oregano or thyme, so I used dried and it worked well. Served with steamed broccoli. Nice, flavorful, meatless dinner.
Roasted Mushrooms on White Bean Puree
More From Cooking Light
Total: 23 Minutes
- Calories: 305
- Fat: 16.3g
- Saturated fat: 6.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 434mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, stemmed
- 1 cup thin zucchini slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans unsalted Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine mushrooms, zucchini, and 1 tablespoon oil. Set zucchini aside. Arrange mushrooms, gill sides down, in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 4 minutes. Turn mushrooms over; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and 2 garlic cloves. Carefully layer zucchini slices over mushrooms. Bake at 425° for 6 minutes. Top evenly with cheese. Bake 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, oregano, and tomatoes.
- 4. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 2 garlic cloves, milk, peppers, and beans in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Place mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Add parsley and thyme; pulse 5 times or until well combined. Divide puree among 4 plates. Arrange mushrooms over puree; top with tomato mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note