Roasted Mashed Potatoes with Leeks
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 213
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Carbohydrate: 35.7g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 351mg
- Calcium: 148mg
- 1 leek (about 1/2 pound)
- 8 1/2 cups cubed Yukon gold or red potato (about 3 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Remove roots and outer leaves from leek, leaving 1 inch of green leaves. Discard remaining leaves; rinse with cold water. Remove 1 inch green leaves; cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips. Set aside. Cut white portion into thin slices to measure 1/2 cup.
- Combine white portion of leek and potato in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss well. Place green portion of leek in an 8-inch baking dish. Drizzle with 1 1/2 teaspoons oil; toss well, and set aside.
- Bake potato mixture at 425° for 20 minutes, stirring once. (Do not remove from oven.) Add baking dish with green leek tops to oven. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes or until potato mixture and green leek tops are tender, stirring both after 8 minutes. Remove baking dishes from oven.
- Place milk in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at high 2 minutes or until warm. Add potato mixture; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Stir in salt, pepper, and sour cream. Sprinkle with green leek tops.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Mashed Potatoes with Leeks Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American, British/Irish
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, St. Patrick's Day, Thanksgiving
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light