This is absolutely delicious!! I don't restrict this to just a roast, I use this as a marinade for my steaks (tenderloin) and then grill them - FANTASTIC! My Husband is a hunter, so we have plenty of game, have used this on Elk as well and turned out wonderful.
Roasted Lime-Cilantro Eye of Round Roast
We enjoyed this spice-and-herb-seasoned shredded roast with warm tortillas, fat-free sour cream, Pico de Gallo, Citrus Onions, and an extra squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Yield: Makes 12 servings
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 231
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 37.2g
- Carbohydrate: 2g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 88mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 551mg
- Calcium: 194mg
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4.5-pound) eye of round roast
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro sprigs, lime wedges
- Corn tortillas (optional)
- Fat-free sour cream (optional)
- Pico de Gallo (optional)
- Citrus Onions (optional)
- Process first 8 ingredients in a food processor until a thick paste forms, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Make 3 to 4 (1-inch) cuts in each side of roast with a sharp knife. Fill each cut with about 1 teaspoon of paste. Spread remaining paste over beef. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours. Unwrap roast; place in a 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake, covered, at 325° for 3 hours and 15 minutes or until meat shreds and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 180°. (Meat will not shred below this temperature.) Let stand 10 minutes before shredding or chopping. Garnish, if desired. Serve with corn tortillas, sour cream, Pico de Gallo, and Citrus Onions, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is for meat only.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes