Roasted Leg of Lamb with Port
- 1 (6-pound) boneless leg of lamb, trimmed
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup port wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 6 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cut slits evenly over lamb roast; insert garlic into slits.
- Combine salt and next 3 ingredients; rub over roast.
- Cook roast in hot oil in a Dutch oven over high heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Place roast in a roasting pan; add wine, 2 cups water, and next 3 ingredients.
- Bake at 375° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Reserve pan drippings.
- Whisk together pan drippings and flour in a saucepan; cook, whisking constantly, over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This