Roasted Lamb with Acorn Squash and Broccoli
Use the leftover lamb from this meal in a stir-fry, stew, or sandwich.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 3 ounces lamb, 1/3 cup acorn squash, and 2 broccoli spears)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 203
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 19.8g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.3mg
- Sodium: 464mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1 (4-pound) rolled boned leg of lamb
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 rosemary sprig, broken into 6 pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large acorn squash (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch wedges
- 12 (4-inch) broccoli spears
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Unroll roast; trim fat from roast. Reroll roast; secure at 1-inch intervals with heavy string. Make 6 (1/2-inch-deep) slits in roast; place garlic halves and rosemary into each slit. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place roast on a broiler pan; insert meat thermometer into thickest portion of roast. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 425° (do not remove roast from oven).
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and squash, and arrange squash around roast. Bake at 425° for 22 minutes. Combine 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, broccoli spears, and the minced garlic. Carefully turn roast, and arrange the broccoli mixture around the roast. Bake at 425° for an additional 25 minutes or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare). Let roast stand for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes