these were really good! my picky 19 year old has been eating the leftovers!!!!! i didn't have parsnips so i used a white potato and an onion. also, just used 1 regular carrot, 2 small turnips and a sweet potato. usually don't use parsley in my cooking. will make this again. the amount of veggies i used were more than enough for the 3 of us.
Roasted Heartland Vegetables
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.63
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 188
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 276mg
- 1 pound peeled baby carrots (about 3 heaping cups)
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 pound turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- Place one rack in upper third of oven and a second in lower third; preheat oven to 425°F. Place carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes and turnips in a large bowl and toss together with oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread out on two rimmed baking sheets.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Rotate pans and add garlic to one pan. Continue roasting until vegetables are just tender and slightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes more.
- Toss all vegetables together with parsley, if desired, and transfer to a serving dish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This