- 1 pound peeled baby carrots (about 3 heaping cups)
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3/4 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 pound turnips, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- calories 188
- fat 8 g
- satfat 1 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 30 g
- fiber 7 g
- cholesterol 0 mg
- sodium 276 mg
How to Make It
Place one rack in upper third of oven and a second in lower third; preheat oven to 425°F. Place carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes and turnips in a large bowl and toss together with oil, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper. Spread out on two rimmed baking sheets.
Roast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Rotate pans and add garlic to one pan. Continue roasting until vegetables are just tender and slightly browned, 10 to 15 minutes more.
Toss all vegetables together with parsley, if desired, and transfer to a serving dish.