- MARINADE AND FISH
- 3/4 cup loosely packed chervil sprigs (1/2 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds skinned halibut fillets, cut into 6 equal portions
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup loosely packed chervil sprigs, plus sprigs and chive flowers for garnish
- About 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- calories 326
- caloriesfromfat 54 %
- protein 33 g
- fat 20 g
- satfat 8.5 g
- carbohydrate 3.6 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 375 mg
- cholesterol 79 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. Blend marinade ingredients until very smooth. Pour into a bowl, add fish, and gently turn to coat. Rinse blender and dry.
Arrange fillets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until they flake slightly when gently pressed, the last bit of translucence is fading from their centers, and a bit of liquid collects around them, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, make sauce: Put wine, shallots, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 4 minutes, then whisk in butter, 1 tbsp. at a time. Pour into a blender and whirl briefly, then add 3/4 cup chervil and pulse until finely chopped.
Pour sauce into 6 shallow bowls. Top with fish, add salt to taste, and garnish with chervil and flowers.