This is a delightful addition to our salsa recipes. We like hot salsas, but found the two chipotles in this to be a tad much for us, so second time around used one and worked better for our palates. A keeper.
Roasted Green Chile Chipotle Salsa
Photo: Leo Gong; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 40
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 0.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 8.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Sodium: 165mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh poblano chile or 2 Anaheim chiles (5 oz. total)
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husked
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 or 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tbsp. sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1. Put onion, fresh chile, tomatillos, and garlic on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 in. from heat, turning once, until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes total. Let cool.
- 2. Peel, stem, and seed fresh chile and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl broiled onion, chile, tomatillos, garlic, chipotle chiles with sauce, cilantro, and lime juice until coarsely puréed. Season to taste with salt.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Green Chile Chipotle Salsa Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This