- 1 white onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 fresh poblano chile or 2 Anaheim chiles (5 oz. total)
- 1 pound fresh tomatillos, husked
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 or 3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, plus 1 tbsp. sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- calories 40
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- protein 1.5 g
- fat 0.7 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 8.2 g
- fiber 1.9 g
- sodium 165 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Put onion, fresh chile, tomatillos, and garlic on a baking sheet. Broil 4 to 5 in. from heat, turning once, until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes total. Let cool.
Peel, stem, and seed fresh chile and cut into chunks. In a blender or food processor, whirl broiled onion, chile, tomatillos, garlic, chipotle chiles with sauce, cilantro, and lime juice until coarsely puréed. Season to taste with salt.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.