Supereasy, Prepped in the morning and slid in the oven when the roast came out. 30min is too long -- ours were ready at 20. Served with CL's Provencal turket breast. Very good.
Roasted Green Beans with Mushrooms
Cremini mushrooms are a surprisingly good source of niacin. Roasting is a great way to cook green beans, giving them crisp browned edges and intensifying their flavor.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 4.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 310mg
- Calcium: 75mg
- 6 cups quartered cremini mushrooms (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with thyme and pepper. Toss well to coat. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until beans are lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt; toss to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables