Roasted Green Beans With Garlic
Good for hot side dish or room temperature antipasto/salad. Based on Moosewood Cookbook by Mollie Katzen, pg 67. For more information about Mollie Katzen, go to www.molliekatzen.com.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) fresh whole green beans trimmed
- 1 cup(s) onions thinly sliced
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) vinegar, red wine or balsamic
- 1 cup(s) pine nuts lightly toasted
- Preheat to 400 F. Brush a large baking tray with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spread the green beans, onions, and garlic cloves on the tray and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, intermittently stirring or shaking the tray. Taste a green bean to see if it's as tender as you like it. If not, put it back in for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with vinegar, and possibly grind in some additional black pepper. Serve at any temperature, topped with lightly toasted pine nuts.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Roasted Green Beans With Garlic Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables