This recipe is great for a light, just-sweet-enough dessert. It's a little work intensive, but "so" worth it!
Roasted Grape and Mascarpone Cheese Pie
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 98mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 recipe prepared Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds red grapes (about 4 cups)
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 ounces block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red currant jam, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, cut into edges with scissors at intersecting 45-degree angles to form pointed pieces of fringe. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Line bottom of dough with foil; arrange pie weights on foil. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until just set. Remove weights and foil; brush edges with egg white, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Return to oven; bake 10-15 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- 3. Turn oven up to 400°. Arrange grapes in 1 layer on an 18- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake in middle of oven 10 minutes or until grapes begin to release juices but are still intact. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- 4. Whisk together mascarpone and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla) in a bowl until well-combined. Spread filling into cooled pie shell, and top with roasted grapes. Brush grapes with jam. Slice and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts