- 1 recipe prepared Perfect Pie Dough
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons turbinado or raw sugar
- 1 1/4 pounds red grapes (about 4 cups)
- 4 ounces (1/4 cup) mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 ounces block-style 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red currant jam, melted
- calories 303
- fat 16 g
- satfat 10 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 36 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 44 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 98 mg
- calcium 47 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°. Working with prepared dough, cut into edges with scissors at intersecting 45-degree angles to form pointed pieces of fringe. Freeze 10 minutes or until firm.
Line bottom of dough with foil; arrange pie weights on foil. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes or until just set. Remove weights and foil; brush edges with egg white, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Return to oven; bake 10-15 minutes more. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
Turn oven up to 400°. Arrange grapes in 1 layer on an 18- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake in middle of oven 10 minutes or until grapes begin to release juices but are still intact. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
Whisk together mascarpone and next 3 ingredients (through vanilla) in a bowl until well-combined. Spread filling into cooled pie shell, and top with roasted grapes. Brush grapes with jam. Slice and serve.