Did not have enough flavor.
Roasted Garlic-White Bean Dip
This white bean dip gets its flavor from a combination of roasted garlic, rosemary, and kalamata olives and its smooth texture from ricotta cheese. If time allows, pick up a baguette and make your own crostini at home, or just serve with crackers.
Yield: 15 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 129
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 7.5g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 249mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 (15.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces grated fresh Parmesan cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- Chopped fresh rosemary (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1. Heat a small saucepan over low heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic; cook 5 minutes. Place beans and 1/3 cup water in a food processor. Add garlic mixture, ricotta cheese, and next 3 ingredients (through 1/4 teaspoon black pepper); process until smooth.
- 2. Place bean mixture in a 3-quart electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours.
- 3. Stir in olives and lemon rind. Garnish with rosemary and pepper, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers